Engage your students in geography by learning about the world around them with this fun country study of Canada. Your students will create a 18-page mini book all about Canada. They will read the included reading material about Canada and use that, together with other books or online resources, to complete each page in their own Canadian mini-book.
Your students will complete the following tasks about Canada:
- Identify Canada on a world map
- Label the major Canadian cities
- Develop general knowledge of Canadian facts
- Learn about the origins and look of the Canadian flag
- Learn about common foods in Canada
- Investigate native animals to Canada
- Explore popular Canadian sports
- Identify significant landmarks in Canada
- Learn some common Canadian phrases/expressions
- Identify traditional Canadian clothing
- Research a famous Canadian person
- Compare and contrast Canada with another country by completing a Venn diagram
- Research significant historical events that occurred in Canada
- Research significant dates/celebrations in Canada
This country study also includes 4 reading pages that students can use as part of their research.
This pack includes:
- 18-Page student mini-book
- 4 Reading pages
- Teacher notes that explain assembly and provide teaching tips
- Visual assembly guide with color photos
Please check out the preview images to see what’s included in this pack, and contact me before purchasing if you have any questions.
Please note: This is a digital download. Physical products will not be delivered. After purchase, you will be provided with a link to download your purchase/s. You will also receive an email with your download link; you can also download your purchases via the “My Account” link. If you do not receive this email within an hour of your purchase, please contact me.
Thanks so much!