Engage your students in geography by learning about the world around them with this fun country study of Japan. Your students will create a 18-page mini book all about Japan. They will read the included reading material about Japan and use that, together with other books or online resources, to complete each page in their own Japanese mini-book.
Your students will complete the following tasks about Japan:
- Identify Japan on a world map
- Label the major Japanese cities
- Develop general knowledge of Japanese facts
- Learn about the origins and look of the Japanese flag
- Learn about common foods in Japan
- Investigate native animals to Japan
- Explore popular Japanese sports
- Identify significant landmarks in Japan
- Learn some common Japanese phrases/expressions
- Identify traditional Japanese clothing
- Research a famous Japanese person
- Compare and contrast Japan with another country by completing a Venn diagram
- Research significant historical events that occurred in Japan
- Research significant dates/celebrations in Japan
This country study also includes 5 reading pages that students can use as part of their research.
This pack includes:
- 18-Page student mini-book
- 5 Reading pages
- Teacher notes that explain assembly and provide teaching tips
- Visual assembly guide with color photos
Please check out the preview images to see what’s included in this pack, and contact me before purchasing if you have any questions.
Please note: This is a digital download. Physical products will not be delivered. After purchase, you will be provided with a link to download your purchase/s. You will also receive an email with your download link; you can also download your purchases via the “My Account” link. If you do not receive this email within an hour of your purchase, please contact me.
Thanks so much!