Engage your students in geography by learning about the world around them with this fun country research project about the Philippines. Your students will create an 18-page mini book all about the Philippines. They will read the included reading material about the Philippines and use that, together with other books or online resources, to complete each page in their own Filipino country study booklet.
Your students will complete the following tasks about the Philippines:
- Identify the Philippines on a world map
- Label the major Filipino cities
- Develop general knowledge of Filipino facts
- Learn about the origins and look of the Filipino flag
- Learn about common foods in the Philippines
- Investigate native animals to the Philippines
- Explore popular Filipino sports
- Identify significant landmarks in the Philippines
- Learn some common Filipino phrases/expressions
- Identify traditional Filipino clothing
- Research a famous Filipino person
- Compare and contrast the Philippines with another country by completing a Venn diagram
- Research significant historical events that occurred in the Philippines
- Research significant dates/celebrations in the Philippines
This country study also includes 4 reading pages that students can use as part of their research.
This pack includes:
- 18-Page student mini-book
- 5 Reading pages
- Teacher notes that explain assembly and provide teaching tips
- Visual assembly guide with color photos
Please check out the preview images to see what’s included in this pack, and contact me before purchasing if you have any questions.
Please note: This is a digital download. Physical products will not be delivered. After purchase, you will be provided with a link to download your purchase/s. You will also receive an email with your download link; you can also download your purchases via the “My Account” link. If you do not receive this email within an hour of your purchase, please contact me.
Thanks so much!